Saturday, March 21, 2009

I think i can cook....or maybe "I took the opportunity"

I got into the mood of cooking....well it was my sis wedding anniversary and as well all the kids were home..... So its was more of a "I took the opportunity"
I fry the fish first (i mean mom help to fry the fish -thanks mom and also she helped to create the magic spicy gravy as well)

I still remember those rainy day and how much it felt good when i took a walk with my siblings and took all the opportunity of the moment and enjoyed the dish below. Its call "Ikan Kembung Goreng Pedas". I can still remember the lovely malay ladies face (the stall owner). She was so friendly and kind hearted as well. Her stall was in Kg Medan. Its my favourite Malay Dish of all time and it only feels and taste good when I sit in the typically colorfully decorated by the neon bulbs (awful taste i must admit and hated it most of the time) and lazy waitress with the signature slipper walk, and somehow i will only order the Limau panas extra limau. I do not know about others but since i don't get out often and eat the stall food, so some awkward reason its only or i only enjoy the food when its raining or after rain or before rain........However the feelings is Priceless


This is my fave dish because i steam the veggies ( the old style way using mummy's silver three layer cooking what do we call it again....? ) and also used lots of garlics. The end product is what you see with all those creamy thick sauce. I used my favorite oyster sauce and the rest of the secret ingredients recipes. I used the Black fungus mushrooms, canned button mushrooms and soft white steamed tofu.

No food is done or complete without eggs ( well at least for me ). I was so surprise that the eggy egg had the most compliment and I like it myself..... Well i just add all the sauce which was right in front of me (frankly cant remember what i add to it - probably that how all those great food being created). Prize winner of the night.

Well something happened while creating this meal and it will stay as secret until the end


All in all it was a nice experience and my sister said "I was so happy to see you cook for me and the presentation was so awesome..... I was so happy and over overwhelmed which made me can't eat much"

No comments: